PURSUE YOUR HIGHER EDUCATION IN AN AMERICAN UNIVERSITY
The United States is the world’s leading student destination. It offers unparalleled scope for students from all streams to study and excel in their chosen fields. Coupled with an economy that requires new talent every year, it is the ideal destination for students looking to study and make a life after graduation. Supraa Groups offers the authoritative support students need to study in the US. Our understanding of the US education system and vast experience with its visa process make us your best bet to study in the US.
WHY STUDY IN THE USA?
The US universities are able to provide the best possible platform to international students, which is evident from their high rankings. The Country’s education system offers the most comprehensive coursework to students with an equal emphasis on both practical and theoretical learning.
- Affordable Education
- Diversity and Flexibility
- Outstanding support system for overseas students
- Healthy and Safe Communities
- International students can often work while they study & Internships
- Exciting Campus Lifestyle
COST OF STUDYING IN THE USA
The US Universities fall under two major categories: public funded and private institutions. International students’ tuition expenses at state schools are based on nonresident costs, which are still usually less expensive than those of private universities. You will need approximately $10,000 to $55,000 annually to cover your tuition fees.
Approximate tuition fees in USD$
|Undergraduate Bachelor Degree||$15,000 to $40,000 per year|
|Graduate programs||$20,000 to $40,000 per year|
|Doctoral Degree||$20,000 to $45,000 per year|
UPCOMING INTAKES IN THE USA
Universities and Colleges in the US have 3 intakes. Students have an option of choosing the term of their study from three main flexible intakes, Spring (January), Fall (September) and Summer (May).
Intake 1: Fall Semester – It commences in August/September and is the major intake.
Intake 2: Spring Semester – It commences in January/February intake is also available.
Intake 3: Summer Semester – It commences in May/June and is available for selected Courses.
WORK AUTHORIZATION FOR STUDENTS:
- Students must be over 18 years of age
- International students can work on-campus up to 20 hours/week or less during the academic terms and full-time during the academic break periods including summer time
- Off-campus employment requires some form of written or documented authorization issued by either the USCIS or OISS. And also, you must be currently in legal status and have been enrolled as an F-1 student in the US for a minimum of one academic year to be eligible for any form of off-campus employment
Per U.S. government regulations, only married spouses can obtain a dependent visa status. The student, scholar or employee can add a dependent spouse to his or her record, and the spouse can then obtain a dependent visa status (F-2, J-2 or H-4). These dependent statuses do have certain restrictions.
USA STUDENT VISA REQUIREMENTS (F1 VISA)
You will generally need the following for your US Student Visa application:
- A valid passport with a validity date at least six months beyond your period of stay
- Recent passport size photograph
- Confirmation page of DS-160
- Form I -20
- Payment of application fees for SEVIS
- Application as a non-immigrant
- Your University will make you aware of additional requirements if any prior to your application
AFTER YOU GRADUATE:
- F1 visa holders are eligible for up to 12 months of OPT (optional practical training) on completion of graduation. That means you can work for a year after you finish your studies
- It is a temporary employment permission allowing students the opportunity to gain practical experience in their field of study
- After that, you’ll be required to apply for a work visa if you have to continue working in the US. You can remain in the US up to 60 days after the completion of your course even if you don’t have a job offer or haven’t applied for OPT